31 January 2011

WaT Live Tour 2008


WaT's Interview @ WaT Live Tour 2008
Kyo X Shokichi = Daikichi Tour



WaT, a popular duo, who recently has come to their Japan tour final. Eiji Wentz and Teppei Koike, members of WaT had restarted as the duo after their successful solo actions since this year. They released their single "夢の途中 / Yume no Tochu" on January 16th. Then they released "時を越えて~Fantastic World~ / Toki wo Koete -Fantastic World-" which became a commercial song for the Universal Studio Japan on April 23rd.

This tour named "WaT LIVE TOUR 2008 凶×小吉=大吉ツアー / Kyo X Shokichi = Daikichi Tour" is their first tour in two years. Also, it is their first challenge to hold a nation wide tour consisted only for musical performance. All ticket including for additional concerts had been immediate sellout. They toured 10 cities and 22491 people gathered.

This tour's DVD is releasing in July. On 31st May, WaT came back to here Tokyo to bring their tour to a successful conclusion at Hibiya Yagai Dai Ongakudo. The public opened rehearsal and official interview for press took place extensively before the real part of their concert. Wentz and Teppei cheerfully shared their fresh feeling like their enthusiasm for the final day, the reason of their unique tour title and so on. This time musicJAPANplus would like to report the interview.


Music Japan 3



Interviewer : At last you've reached the end of your tour, but unfortunately it's raining.
Wentz : I'm sorry to the fans, but actually I wanted rain.

I : How come?
W: A rainy day raises my spirits. I'm a kind of rain bringer, so basically I like rain. Also I appreciate this because we can feel rain only at outside concerts.

I : All right, though, it is cold...?
W : It won't defeat me!
Teppei : I'm usually a clear weather kind of man, so I'm at a total loss today.

I : But it seems to be nice out so you might win anyway?
T : Maybe. Not during rehearsal, but the real show. Though, I'm beginning to feel rain is welcome... look at him (Wentz). He's very positive and he makes me feel that, too.

I : It'll be a legendary concert, right?
T : We hope it will. We'll just do our best.


I : What kind of live are you expecting now?

Teppei :
Today is the last day, and we hadn't had a tour for quite long time... So I want everybody to enjoy the live, and to be happy when they go home, without feeling the cold even in this chilly weather.

Wentz : We are always supported by our fans, and they give us a lot... I'd like to return the favor as much as we can; I hope this live will be like that.


I: You haven't toured for 2 years. You've each had your own solo work, so this is also a reunion for you as a pair.
W : Yes. And not just that, it's also our first time to perform only live music for 2 hours. So it's a great challenge, how we can keep the audience's attention...It'll be a nice one.


I : How do you like the atmosphere of outside the concert?

Teppei :
Being in this open space makes me remember the times we played shows on the street. I haven't performed there for a long time, so it's a kind of fond memory... But it's also a new experience because we're on the stage. It's not like on the streets.

Wentz :
Since I arrived here, I can't stop remembering doing street lives. Though our stage is higher than the audience, I want my eyes to be level with them during the performance. It's the same as before.


I : I heard audience members who have seen you together before say that you seem to really love each other even after a two year break. What do you think?
T : There are rumors like that?
W : Is that information circulating now? We're not conscious of that at all.



I : There're people expecting you to kiss at the end of tour.
Wentz : Simply, no! I have no feelings like that! Zero! Even if I got really excited, I'd never do that. But of course, I can feel it when we're together.

I : So you love each other?
W : Well yes.

I : You don't deny it?
T : No.


Music Japan


I : You went around lots of places on this tour. Did you go anywhere together during your personal time?
W : Well, I don't think so. This is the first live tour for us, and we're not even used to keeping fit yet. So we only went out for dinner and home, every day was like that.

I : Did you have nice food?
W / T :Yes!

I : Are you fine today?
W : Yes!
T : Of course yes.


I : By the way, your tour title was unique. Can you explain it?

Wentz : Well, it comes from Omikuji. Last year, after 紅白歌合戦/Kohaku-Utagassenn/ we went to Hatsumoude - new year's visit to a shrine, because we already knew about our tour, which would be our first lives in a while. With strong wishes, we tried Omikuji... 'Make the best!', then he drew 凶/ kyou - the worst -/ ...

Teppei : I got so disappointed and said 'Good luck!' to him...

Wentz : I said 'I'll make it!' ...then mine was 小吉/ shoukichi - the second worst -/We wondered if it would be okay to play our shows, after getting those two bad fortunes. However, we didn't get 大吉/ Daikichi - the best -/, though, we want every audience to be 大吉 /Daikichi/ on our tour. That's how we named it.


I : What sort of Daikichi will you present?

W : For me, the best thing is to make everyone want to come and see us again. To make the audience feel warm and happy, I'll just put my heart into my songs.

T : Their smile, happy feelings like ' I feel great after coming here today' makes me feel so nice. I want to give them those Daikichi presents.



I: And you will be moved to tears in the end?
W : No, I'll be all right. Even though I cry, I'll hide that behind this rain.
T : I'll be fine, too. With this rain. Anyway I won't cry.


I : And how about kissing?
T : Again?
W : Honestly, I definitely do not want to do that.


I : But maybe fans hope to see that?
W : Definitely not, really. We have no such plan, and it would be odd. We couldn't easily play our next show after that.


I : Have you found out anything new about each other during this tour, after such a long time?
W/T : Rediscovery...
W : Once again, I think he shines, especially on the live stage.


I : Did you feel something? When you made eye contact?
W : (laughing) When I was looking at his back.
T :Since our live tour had been set, he came up with so many ideas. His energy for the show has gotten stronger and stronger every time. His feeling that 'I want everybody to have fun, we want to have a lot of fun' just gets stronger and stronger, and I admire that.


I : Are you planning any surprises?
W : Actually we don't have any now, but maybe later. Well, it's no more a surprise if I say this here. Basically, I think amusing our fans is much more important than our fun. We're always thinking about 'what can we do for that?' so, a surprise could happen today as well.


I: Sorry, that makes me a little nervous. Is that about a musical surprise? You're not going to show your underwear?
W : I won't! The audience won't be happy! That's no fun. And this rain will make it see-through. We'll have live reports, too. I could never do that.


I : Don't do that.
W : That's what I said!
T : I don't think we have any surprises. Only songs from our hearts.


I : What are your future plans?
W : I
T : I
W : We'll boost up our skills, and do something together after this fall.


I : Do you mean a show?

Wentz :
I'm not sure yet, though, we're planning new songs... This tour I rediscovered everyone's love and felt like I was getting back to basics. I'd like to try it again after the fall.I : What is your final goal?

Teppei :
To keep performing live, not just for our fans but also for people who will learn about and get into us. I think it's very important to keep going.


I : There were a lot of male fans. How do you feel about that?
Wentz : Yes, at the last live in Yokohama, we were glad to see some couples there.
Teppei : Even those guys, some can sing all of our songs and I was very moved. They were easy to find, I was happy to see them.

I : So I hope more come to see WaT.
T :I want to play you some good songs.


I : Where would you like to perform next?
W : I don't care where we play, I just want to sing anywhere we can share our souls. There is nothing better than having that opportunity.
T : Absolutely right. I don't care where it is, as long as it's a place we can sing.



I : Look, while we've been talking the rain is letting up.
W : No, it has to rain! He's begun to hope so as well.
T : Yes, I have. Rainy might be better...

I : Light or heavy rain, right?
W : Yeah. ...But it's getting sunny.

I : Now use your power (as a rain bringer).
W : I'll show you.


Music Japan 2


I: What do you want to do after the live?
W : Go out for drinks. I haven't done that in a while.

I : For the sake of your health?
W : Yes. But today friends from my high school days will be here, and I want to go out for drinks with them.

I : A lot of drinks?
W : Yes, quite a lot.

I : What, and how much?
W : That's secret... no,no, maybe shochuu. First, beer... and then shochuu...

I : It sounds like fun.
T : Me too. I want to drink.


I : Must be nice.
Teppei : Must be good... it's been a while..., well, I've been drinking, a little.


I : Don't you go out for a drink together?
W : Well I know his schedule, so (I don't take him out)...If I ask him to go, he will come, even if he has to leave early the next morning.
T : Yes, I'm a little busy now... sometimes.



I : How do you feel about romance after this tour?
W : It doesn't matter when it is, I want it all the time.

I : Anytime? Now as well?
W : Not now, but I think it's important to make good songs.

I : So you mean, now you're in love?
W : Not now.

I : But your songs are really nice.
W : Thank you, but not now really. I'm not kidding.
Teppei : I really want a girlfriend.

I : What kind of girl do you like?
Teppei : Age is getting less important for me. I liked older girls before, though, I don't mind how old she is. I just want someone. I want to be in love.


I : Finally, tell us about your feelings for your fans.

Wentz : Thank you for your support all the time. We haven't had shows for a while, so we've put our hearts into our music.

Teppei : It's a long time since we've seen you, and we're sing from the heart. Enjoy our shows. Thank you for supporting us.



ADMIN EDYH's NOTE

~ its quite long.. but wanna to share something to all WaTAHOLICS...
~ they really love their fan, dat why all the fan love them..




ADMIN KAMiiRU's NOTE

~ it really is long, so it is good I updated this into our blog.. I had time to read it..hahahahahahahaha XDDD

~ no offense but, it is clear that Eiji and Teppei LOVES one another, BUT please do not exaggerate it!!! Do not cross between any line min'na.. Please understand them.. If you really do LOVE them, you will understand what they feel. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment